Welcome to Venus Class
Spring 2 Project
Once Upon a Time - Spring 2
In the Once Upon a Time project, your child will be introduced to the wonderful world of stories. They will listen to a range of traditional tales and have the chance to act out the stories in their play. They will also listen to alternative contemporary stories to see different viewpoints from the characters. They will use the stories to think about how life has changed from when the stories were written. They will also make up their own stories and make masks, props and puppets to act out their stories.
Supporting your child at home
· Read traditional stories and fairy tales to your child.
· Visit your local library and choose picture books to share.
· Talk about the characters in stories and whether they like or dislike them.
· Talk about how the characters in stories behave and what they could do differently.
· Share and discuss the knowledge organiser.
Within this topic your child will be covering;
Communication Literacy and Language Listening, Attention and understanding, Speaking
Personal, Social, Emotional Development Self-regulation, Managing self, Building relationships
Physical Development Gross motor skills, Fine motor skills
Literacy Comprehension, Word reading, Writing
Mathematics Number, Numerical patterns
Understanding the world Past and present, The natural world
Expressive Arts and Design Creating with materials, Being imaginative and expressive.